Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Painted!

We finally finished painting the coop. The color is called "Bahamas" and it makes me happy every time I look at it. It does remind me of our trip to the Bahamas....

In other news, the chicks are growing so fast! They all have very different personalities and they all have lovely beautiful feathers growing in. They briefly went outside today for the very first time in their lives.

Out in the raised beds, we have way too much lettuce, the beans and peppers are starting nicely, and the peas are flowering like crazy. Maybe tomorrow I'll sow cucumbers. The herbs are all growing well, too. It's still early in the season and this is the most successful garden I've ever planted!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

IT LOOKS LOVELY. What lucky chicks! As for the "too much lettuce", I was listening to NPR the other day and they were actually doing a show about raising chickens. Apparently stringing up a head of lettuce is a great way for them to stay occupied to peck away on. She said this was especially helpful if a hen has been eating her eggs. I know that's not pertinent at the moment, but in the future extra lettuce may be the way to go!